“Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love.” That being said, what better way to capture your target audience than to connect with them on things they love? As a Pinterest user, you have the ability to (1) follow other users and boards with content similar to your own and (2) attract followers with content that interests them. By establishing connections based on common interests, you are bound to increase your customer base.
Finding and attracting followers is easy. Where many businesses tend to go wrong is when they fail to update their boards regularly. It is important to keep your boards fresh and fun so that your followers continue to follow.
Here are some ways to keep your content relevant and up-to-date:
- Add content to your boards. Make sure to update your boards regularly with new content. Take a look at other users’ boards and incorporate their pins into your own boards. They will enjoy seeing their content shared.
- Vary the type of content you use. There are a few different ways to add content to your page. You have the option of pinning content from the Internet, re-pinning other users’ content, and uploading your own content. Use a combination of all three methods to keep your followers interested.
- Add new boards. Think outside the box. What else might your followers be interested in? Get creative with your boards and your followers will be intrigued. Don’t be boring. Feel free to create a humorous board or something else that people might enjoy.
- Delete old boards. Don’t keep boards for too long. Content may become irrelevant or out of date, and users want to see new things.
- Rearrange your boards regularly. Take the time to switch up the order of your boards. You will be able to feature different boards by placing them toward the top of your page. This will also give your page a new look.
- Switch out your cover photos often. One simple way to constantly make your page look new and up-to-date is to simply switch out the cover image of your boards. It will appear as though you are making significant changes, even if you are not adding any new content.
Pinterest is a great way for you, as a business, to find and connect with people of similar interests. Nevertheless, it is important to remember to update your page on a regular basis. Doing so will help you maintain your current followers and attract new ones.
We want to hear how this strategy improves your social media presence. Tell us about it in a comment below!