LinkedIn allows you to connect with other business professionals and stay up-to-date on industry news, as well as providing a way to display your company’s products and services for others to view, recommend, and talk about. Potential clients are able to see what you have to offer, and current clients are able to give feedback on those that they’ve tried. With the ‘recommendations’ tool on LinkedIn, users can recommend their favorite products and services to their friends and user base.
The ability your clients have to recommend products and services on LinkedIn can prove to be a powerful tool for your business. There is nothing more influential than when clients tell their own friends and family members about a product or service that they love. Think about when your friends give you a product to try. Usually, you will test it out either because you trust them or you simply want to be nice. Therefore, when users recommend your business offerings, the opportunity to gain new customers is huge.
How to Create a Good Products and Services Page
Before you can get LinkedIn users to recommend your products or services, you must first create a good Products and Services Page. Here’s how:
- Locate the tool on LinkedIn. To find where to add a product or service, simply go to your company page and click on the ‘Products & Services’ tab. Then, click ‘Get Started’. LinkedIn will take you through the following steps, but we’ll go through it, too.
- Indicate whether your offering is a product or service. You may offer a variety of products and/or services. You can create a page for each offering, but keep in mind that having several product and/or service pages can be a bit overwhelming for consumers, and most won’t bother to scroll through them.
- Choose a relevant category for your product or service. Scroll through the different options and decide which category best fits your offering.
- Choose a name for your product or service. Come up with a creative name to distinguish your offering from others.
- Add an image of your product or service. Insert a high-quality image that will grab the attention of your potential clients.
- Describe your product or service. Give an accurate description of what your product or service is, how it is used, and why it is needed.
- List the key features of your offering. Further define the characteristics of your product or service by describing the key benefits or usage situations. You have the option of adding as many features as you wish.
- Include a URL. Use this part of your page to link to a location on your website where LinkedIn members can learn more about your product or service.
- Add employees to your page. Add members of your company to your page, in addition to their contact information, so that LinkedIn users have access to ask questions and learn more.
- Add additional content. You also have the option of including a special promotion for your product or service as well as a YouTube video that demonstrates, or further explains, your offering. This type of content is optional and can be added at a future time.
Now that your Products and Services Page is set up, you can get recommendations for your offerings. If your clients have connected with you on LinkedIn, they must like what you are doing. Don’t be afraid to ask them to tell their friends, business members, and other LinkedIn connections about your product or service and why they love it.
LinkedIn is a great way to showcase what your company does, the products and services it offers, and, most importantly, that you’re good at it. As clients begin to recommend to others what you have to offer, you will find steady growth and improvement in your business. Set up your Products and Services Page today and let us know how it works for you.