Big Leap has had a lot of internal discussions about AI and what it means for us as a digital marketing agency. More importantly, we’ve talked about how AI will impact our approach to managing your online campaigns.
And now, we’re sharing all of this with you.
The 8 Core Principles Rooted in Our AI Policy
When it comes to using AI technologies, Big Leap follows eight core principles.
The takeaway? AI is assistive, not autonomous. While we leverage AI to help us achieve higher quality and provide more value to clients, human thought, creativity, and knowledge are ultimately at the forefront.
- We believe in the responsible design, development, deployment, and operation of AI technologies.
- Humans remain accountable for all decisions and actions—even when assisted by AI—and must remain in the loop in all AI applications.
- We maintain a human-centered approach to AI that empowers and augments professionals. AI technologies should be assistive, not autonomous.
- We affirm the critical role of human knowledge, experience, emotion, and imagination in creativity. And we seek to explore and promote emerging career paths and opportunities for creative professionals.
- We seek to proactively explore how AI technologies can provide additional value for our clients.
- We believe that transparency in data collection and AI usage is essential to maintain the trust of our audiences and stakeholders.
- We embrace the importance of upskilling and reskilling professionals, and using AI to build more fulfilling careers and lives.
- We seek to understand the limitations and dangers of AI and consider those factors in all our decisions and actions.
How We Use AI Today
While we’re experimenting with AI technologies to drive efficiency and performance, our primary use cases today are in digital marketing.
In keeping with our policy, all AI technology use is human-powered and reviewed, in the following areas:
- Technical SEO tasks: Schema, hreflang tags, striking distance, etc.
- Data tasks: Data collection, organization, & analysis
- Content development tasks: Outlines, ideation, new concepts, summarization, research
What is AI?
AI (artificial intelligence) is a technology that mimics human intelligence. It performs tasks and can improve itself based on data feedback and training.
Is my investment in SEO still going to pay off in the long term, or will AI disrupt that?
While AI is certainly disruptive and changing rapidly, AI cannot replace strategic and creative thinking to the quality and impact produced by humans. Experienced content marketing and SEO teams are key ingredients to a successful digital marketing campaign.
Learn more about how AI will impact digital marketing in 2023 and beyond.
I’ve heard a lot about AI writing content. What is Big Leap’s approach to content and quality?
Big Leap does not take shortcuts when it comes to quality content.
We believe in well-researched, handcrafted content that offers value for audiences. Such content comes from the creativity, thoughts, and insights of experienced writers—all of whom we have right here at Big Leap.
Google also recently updated its guidelines regarding AI-generated content. The guidance states high-quality and helpful content will be rewarded—however, it’s produced (AI-generated or not). This peak to why understanding what is valuable and helpful to the end use is important.
“[H]owever content is produced, those seeking success in Google Search should be looking to produce original, high-quality, people-first content demonstrating qualities E-E-A-T…Evaluating your content in this way, whether you’re using AI-generated content or not, will help you stay on course with what our systems seek to reward.”
Keep in mind, the legality surrounding AI-generated creative assets like content is still murky. AI currently doesn’t understand copyright infringement or privacy issues. It can also be biased and produce inaccurate information.
Thus, it’s critical to nurture a human-centric approach to remain vigilant on ethical boundaries.
How can my digital marketing efforts benefit from AI?
There are three key ways your campaigns can benefit from AI:
- Improved efficiency: AI can speed up tasks such as data entry. It can also expedite strategy tasks such as keyword research, data analysis, and content ideation.
- Better decision-making: AI can analyze large sets of data for you to help your business/team make better decisions.
- Customer experience: AI technology, such as chatbots, can improve customer experience and lower costs. Though chatbots have been around for some time, they’re getting smarter and smarter.
Leaning on Testing and Experimentation to Bolster Innovation & Value
AI technology is rapidly evolving. Staying on top of these shifts, while injecting thought and strategy in this process is our utmost priority at Big Leap.
That is why we value continuous testing and experimentation. We currently have internal initiatives to explore and experiment with emerging technologies. This involves collaborative testing and information sharing to spur more innovation.
This process allows us to make data-driven decisions—decisions that provide better service and bolster our clients’ competitive advantage.
Leverage AI the Right Way with Big Leap
There is still so much to learn about AI, and its application and influence will continue to evolve. We encourage you to be an active participant in experimenting with AI.
If you have an idea you’d like to test out or have any questions, reach out to our digital marketing team.