Posted on Google’s blog on August 10 of last year was a cry for help from Google to have testers try out their new service, and soon to be search engine replacement, Google Caffeine. Quoting from the blog, “For the last several months, a large team of Googlers has been working on a secret project: a next-generation architecture for Google’s web search. It’s the first step in a process that will let us push the envelope on size, indexing speed, accuracy, comprehensiveness and other dimensions. The new infrastructure sits “under the hood” of Google’s search engine, which means that most users won’t notice a difference in search results. But web developers and power searchers might notice a few differences, so we’re opening up a web developer preview to collect feedback”, showing that SEO may be changing soon, but hopefully for the better.
How will Google Caffeine change SEO?
- It appears that there will be an added emphasis on finding and eliminating sources of spam SEO.
- Search results and crawling speeds will be faster than ever, forcing sites to load quicker to rank higher.
- Google will rely more on keywords than ever before.
- Exact, or close, domain search term matches will be more powerful than before.
- The famous Google Algorithm will be changing, so a lot of experimentation will be required.
Google Caffeine is coming and time will only tell what that does for SEO companies across the globe. Are you ready for the switch?
- How to Plan Your Content Calendar for the Holiday Season - October 22, 2018
- Scary (SEO) Stories You Hope Never Happen To You! - October 18, 2018
- What The August 1st Google Algorithm Update Taught Us - September 25, 2018