Enterprise websites are a behemoth to manage. The larger the enterprise, the more complex SEO gets. And when you’ve already occupied all your extremities with day-to-day and long-term strategic matters, managing digital marketing becomes another full-time job.
You need a streamlined digital marketing strategy that:
- Considers the unique challenges and objectives of B2B enterprise businesses
- Accounts for a competitive B2B landscape in a high-stakes market
- Prioritizes and addresses SEO needs with a highly strategized approach
As a specialized B2B SEO agency, we’ve got you covered with enterprise expertise and experience. Learn the value a B2B agency can offer to skyrocket your enterprise from zero to hero.
Understanding Enterprise-Level SEO Needs
Enterprise-level digital marketing encompasses much more than standard SEO practices. Read What Exactly Is SEO?
Tailored B2B SEO Strategies
The pain points above merit intelligent and scalable tactics. Fortunately, there are agencies specializing in managing B2B enterprise SEO services.
The right agency will tailor online strategies based on your company’s needs and goals. Here are some critical areas the Big Leap team looks into when building an enterprise campaign.
Technical Site Audits
A Big Leap enterprise SEO specialist usually begins with a 160-point technical site audit. They dive into all critical areas of an enterprise’s website to glean insights—concrete data that tell us what we need to improve and how to improve it.
A technical site audit ensures your website meets all search engine requirements for crawling and indexing. Otherwise, all the hard work you’ve invested in content and backlink efforts could be in vain.
Some of the technical site audit includes looking at the following:
Leveraging Content Marketing
Content marketing drives SEO performance. Our B2B agency has experience working with multiple key stakeholders on the client side to discuss:
- Keyword research: You must optimize content for target keywords—words or phrases your audience searches for relevant to the products/services your business offers. Our team also conducts industry and competitor research to ensure that the keywords we cover pursue your full potential.
- Content strategy: Using the data from keyword research, we’ll craft a unique content strategy that supports your enterprise’s growth while keeping compliance standards in mind. Think of it as matchmaking. We create what you want to say and ensure it reaches the eyes of those looking for what you have to offer.
- Content distribution and outreach: When 45% of content goes unseen, distribution and outreach are vital to an enterprise’s relevancy in the market. We’ll work with your team to identify opportunities on social media, earned/shared channels, and paid channels. Having organic and paid teams at Big Leap helps us offer holistic campaigns.
- Workforce: A team offers access to a diverse talent pool (knowledgeable in SEO, content marketing, email marketing, and more). The team’s combined hours will be much higher than one person could handle, so more eyes and brain power will be invested in your campaigns.
- Services: Besides digital marketing, you’ll usually require other services to meet your needs and goals. These include social media marketing, email marketing, CRO, and PPC. Addressing these areas is pivotal to creating a holistic online strategy that produces lucrative returns. Agencies like Big Leap were founded on these strategies.
- Growth opportunities: Businesses often use a hub-and-spoke model to scale their marketing efforts. An example is an in-house VP of Marketing who oversees agency collaboration. This setup allows for maximum control and ultimate flexibility to pull off any strategy required.
Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) focuses on providing an easy and personalized user experience. As your site and business grow, we’ll tap into user analytics to assess how we can consistently increase the number of conversions.
From content optimizations to split testing to workflow improvements, CRO works on getting more out of your existing traffic and leads, resulting in long-term, sustainable growth.
Data-Driven Decision Making
Data is critical to an enterprise’s success, and enterprise SEO metrics craft a clear story for that data. Our team will help identify growth metrics and ensure they connect to the bigger picture—your short- and long-term goals.
Examples of enterprise metrics include but are not limited to:
- Site traffic
- Keyword positions
- SEO ROI
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Core web vitals
On top of that, we’ll work with you to ensure these metrics are integrated with your current enterprise system to streamline processes as much as possible.
Scalability and Flexibility
Adapting to the changing needs and objectives of your enterprise is critical. We’ll ensure your digital marketing strategies are scalable and flexible. This process may include:
- Staying attuned to industry trends and algorithm shifts. Doing so allows us to make necessary strategy adjustments and maintain the long-term viability of your campaign’s success.
- Scaling SEO efforts to accommodate your growing website and audience. This can entail programmatic SEO to increase task efficiency (e.g., publishing optimized pages at scale, rank tracking, link building, etc.).
The Cost-Effective Approach: Agency or In-House?
As you shop around for enterprise agencies and sort your marketing budget, you’ll likely (or maybe already have) bump into a dilemma—should you hire an agency or build out your in-house team? What are the pros and cons?
Realistically, you can hire one full-time in-house marketer for the same amount you’d pay an agency for a year. So it comes down to three areas when debating between hiring an in-house marketer versus an agency.
Here are a few other articles covering this topic:
Enterprise SEO Strategies in Action
Let’s illuminate some of the strategies and benefits of working with a B2B SEO company by highlighting a few Big Leap enterprise SEO campaigns.
Software company Workfront needed help recovering its organic search presence and conversion rates upon re-branding.
The Big Leap team leveraged the following:
- CRO techniques to optimize Workfront’s messaging and landing pages
- Content marketing to establish authority on their site and produce high-quality links
Defying the norms of B2B payments, Paystand looked to improve lead generation and optimize its content funnel.
Because Paystand’s audience was very niche, our team worked to nail down a content/brand style guide. We then crafted lead-generation content like eBooks and whitepapers—thought leadership pieces to help establish this client as an industry expert.
Branding agency Finch Brands partnered with Big Leap to finally invest in and execute a robust SEO strategy.
The strategy included keyword research, high-quality content, and internal linking.
Connect with a B2B Strategist About Your Business
These case studies illustrate the value of partnering with a trusted and credible agency—one that understands your unique needs and tailors strategies to honor those needs.
If you’re shopping around for an agency, start with the Big Leap team. Reach out to us to learn more about what we can achieve for you and whether we’re the right fit.