Need a quick way to check the progress of your roofing company’s marketing campaign? Look no further.
Big Leap wants to help your roofing business find lasting success, which is why we’ve created this quick marketing checklist. Following it will help stay on top of your tasks and succeed in your marketing goals.
#1 Google Yourself
The best way to know what people see when they search your company on Google is to do it yourself.
- Conduct a general search for “roofers in my area.”
- Check to see how well you rank against your competitors. How many other roofing companies are above you?
- Next, conduct a search for your business’s name.
- Check to see if any of the following appear:
- Your website
- Your social media accounts
- Your Google My Business. (If you haven’t set up a Google My Business Account, we highly recommend it.)
If your company or one of your social media pages doesn’t show up on the first page, add these tasks to your to-do list:
- Using more keywords and search terms on your website.
- Starting a blog to generate more webpages and search engine readability.
- Cutting out clutter on your webpages. If your website doesn’t seem useful to customers, this will hurt your rankings.
#2 Check Your Contact Information
The last thing you want to do is spend a large chunk of time on marketing strategies, only to find that your leads couldn’t reach you at all because you didn’t update your phone number.
- Make sure you know or have access to the most updated version of your business’s contact information.
- Check that the information you have on your website and social media accounts is accurate.
- If there are inaccuracies or inconsistencies, fix those now.
- Make your branding consistent across all of your social media accounts.
You should include the following in your contact information:
- Office address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Office hours
It’s also good practice to have links to your social media accounts on your website and vice versa.
#3 Navigate Your Website
Websites should have a clean design and be easy to navigate. Sites that are overly complicated will only confuse visitors and turn them away.
- Check that your homepage clearly explains what your company does.
- Go to your website on a computer to make sure it’s easy to navigate.
- Now do the same on a mobile device, like a smartphone or a tablet, to see if there are any formatting issues or navigating problems that weren’t on your computer.
- Check your load speed. How long does it take to load the homepage on both desktop and mobile?
- Is there a strong call to action at the top?
- Can customers easily find your contact page?
If the answer to any of these questions is dicey, your website is probably in need of optimization by doing things like:
- Placing a link to your sales page on every other webpage.
- Reducing the size of the images you use.
- Making your website mobile-user friendly.
Your website is your greatest asset in your digital marketing plan. Taking time to get this part right can be the difference between meeting and falling short of your goals.
#4 Scan Through Online Reviews
Customers read reviews to determine whether or not they should use your services. You should use reviews to get feedback from your customers.
- Go to the review section of your company on Google.
- Take note of your overall star rating. Is it over four stars?
- Read the first few reviews that appear.
- Look for reviews that:
- Give suggestions on how you can improve.
- Compare your services to other roofers.
- Highlight perceived problems with your service.
- Respond to negative reviews to better understand their experience.
- Respond to positive reviews to thank them for their comment.
If you’re lacking in your reviews, then you should start encouraging future and previous clients to post a review. The more feedback you have, the better you can understand how to improve.
#5 Read and Share Relevant Articles
Writing your own blog can be a huge boost for your brand authority and credibility, but you don’t always have to write your own content. There are hundreds of articles being published about the roofing industry every year, and a lot of it can be highly informative and useful for your company.
- Go on LinkedIn to browse for articles about the roofing industry.
- Read the ones that interest you (you don’t have to read all of them).
- Share the ones that you think are interesting to your LinkedIn profile.
Staying updated in industry news is a great way to keep your company relevant and show your customers and business partners that you’re completely engaged in the roofing business.
Working With Big Leap
You may be able to accomplish this checklist on your own, but a well-developed marketing plan can be hard to manage without an extra set of hands. Big Leap provides comprehensive and customized digital marketing services to make meeting your business goals a breeze.
Contact us today to get your roofing company front and center.
- 12 Important SEO & Digital Marketing Trends for 2021 - September 16, 2020
- Top 10 Digital Marketing Tips for Franchises - August 17, 2020
- Busted: The Truth Behind These 15 Digital Marketing Myths - August 11, 2020