Did you know, 97 percent of people use the internet to find local businesses like yours? With 64 percent of consumers preferring to buy from businesses they can contact online, a strong online reputation and presence is crucial in building a successful company.
We understand how competitive the roofing industry is. We also know how tainted the industry can get with negative reputations from your less credible competitors floating around. This can make connecting with the right customers difficult.
Here at Big Leap, we want to help you win the credibility and loyalty your business deserves. By digging into digital marketing, you can be the company people want when they look for roofing services. So keep reading, as we dive into all the important details on digital marketing for roofers.
4 Reasons You Need Digital Marketing for Your Roofing Business
First things first—why do you even need digital marketing for your roofing business? Having a well-organized and customized digital marketing strategy can help you meet your short-term and long-term business goals. If you’re wondering what this looks like, we’ve got four benefits here to get you pumped:
1. Connects You with the Right Customers
You can offer the highest quality roofing materials and top-notch customer services, but none of this matters if you aren’t reaching out and engaging potential customers.
By using tools/strategies like search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, and reputation management, you can put your business front and center. There’s a whole art and science that heavily impacts the way your business is perceived on the internet.
Digital marketing provides massive opportunities to research your target audience—the people you want to do business with—and create personalized messages based on the information you’ve gathered. This can help your business build a positive online reputation that will help bring in leads that will most likely convert into customers.
Take Pinnacle Roofing for example. Through a robust digital marketing campaign, we helped them gain visibility online, which brought them over 100 leads.
2. Helps You Gain Valuable Visibility Online
The number one search result on Google is 10 times more likely to get a click compared to the number 10 result. So the higher you rank in search results, the more likely you’ll be seen and gain interest from those actively looking for roofing services.
The key to capturing the number one spot on the search engine results pages (SERP) is creating useful content that includes specific keywords relevant to your industry. For example, if your target audience is searching for “asphalt roof replacement”, you want to be sure to include this keyword in your content wherever possible.
Consistently adding keywords within quality content can help you climb the ranks. This will give you:
- A competitive advantage. You’ll be one of the first businesses that potential customers will check out.
- Credibility. Those looking for roofing services are more likely to view you as a trustworthy source.
- Brand awareness. The more people see your business online, the more they’ll become familiar with it and recognize it. Familiarity can instill trust.
3. Improves the Quality of Customers
When your site is high and mighty on the search pages, this can help you win plenty of leads. But you also need to consider the quality of your leads. Gaining numerous prospects is great, but when the majority of them aren’t converting into customers or aren’t taking the action you want them to take, then something is amiss.
It can get pretty expensive trying to generate qualified leads. But digital marketing tools like marketing automation can help you organize your leads into categories based on their engagement and interest level. Better yet, you can send out unique and personalized messages to each of these groups to nurture them into long-term customers.
And as indicated by its name, this process is automated. It does the work for you so you can focus on running your business. Businesses that use marketing automation report a 451 percent increase in qualified leads. Not to mention, they experience 53 percent higher conversion rates and 3.1 percent higher annual revenue growth rates than companies who don’t use marketing automation.
4. Reduces Long-Term Marketing Costs & Increases Revenue
The internet has changed significantly in ways that allow people to proactively seek out products/services on their own. Digital marketing is one of the most cost-effective ways to market your business. It allows you to track key metrics like:
- Return on investment (ROI): Are you getting more bang for your buck?
- Returning visitors: Are people coming back to your website multiple times?
- Conversions: Are people doing what you want them to do on your website, like asking for a quote or hiring your service?.
- Click thru rate (CTR): Are website visitors clicking through and actually viewing the pages on your website?
These components help you proactively identify issues and make adjustments along the way, saving you money and time in the long run. For example, content marketing—a form of digital marketing that shows the value of your services through engaging and consistent content—costs 62 percent less than traditional marketing (TV, radio, newspaper ads) and generates about three times as many leads.
The most expensive component you’ll invest in? Time. Digital marketing strategies take time and effort to bring in profitable and lasting results. And as much as you need time to build relationships with your potential customers, your potential customers need time to trust your business before making their decision. With the right mindset, you can keep up relationships with your leads and customers and, more importantly, maximize your profits without putting in a ton of labor.
3 Ways to Get You in Front of the Right Customers
Here at Big Leap, we stay rooted in transparency to help you gain genuine and profitable relationships with your customers. But what does it actually take to get your business in front of those who matter most to you?
1. Build Trust and Credibility
Our agency was built on trust, quality relationships, and long-term results. Trust and credibility aren’t just words that describe a team or company—they reflect the kind of attitude and approach you should have in your digital marketing campaign.
With the right perspective, you can craft trustworthy and credible features for your site visitors, leads, and customers through:
- Engaging and in-depth content (blog posts, videos, infographics, etc.) that educates and provides value.
- SEO that helps your business stand out as a dependable source and service.
- Consistently communicating with your audience by posting on social media, responding to online reviews, or building a fun and interactive website.
2. Invest in Long-Term Commitment
It takes consistent, daily effort, and a reputable digital marketing agency to achieve significant results. The long-term commitment involves:
- Research: Before doing anything, you need to get to know your prospective customers and competitors. What are roofing customers specifically searching for on Google, how do they talk/communicate, and what kind of platforms (Facebook, Linkedin, Google My Business, etc.) are they using to engage with roofing businesses? What kinds of online keywords are your competitors targeting, what types of content do they currently have, and where do they currently rank on the SERP?
- Creating or updating your site/content: Based on research and site audit results, we’ll make necessary adjustments to your site to help you become more visible online and race past your competitors. We’ll even create new content to target your leads and encourage them to become customers. The goal is to talk to your customers in a way that will help them trust and engage with your services.
- Trial and error: Not everything you incorporate into your marketing strategy will go as planned; some will work, some won’t. The key is using this to improve your campaign and keep going. Success happens with failure and persistence; and we’ll be here every step of the way to help you learn and grow.
- Collecting data: We’re all about making data-driven decisions here at Big Leap. If you aren’t tracking data like website traffic, ROI, and conversions, then how do you know what’s working and what isn’t? To bring consistent results, you need to use data as a compass to point in you in the right direction.
There are a lot of things to consider and brainstorm. But by putting in the time and effort, you can reap the long-term benefits of digital marketing down the road.
The word “digital” might trigger you to think of digital marketing in a mechanical and robotic way, but there’s a significant amount of personalization that goes into it. It’s about creating an experience that will help customers genuinely believe in your services and choose you among the pack.
3. Keep a Close Eye on the Economy
Significant events like COVID have illustrated how rapidly our economy can change. It’s crucial to be prepared for any impending and unexpected roadblocks like this. No matter what happens, the internet will always be there; it will always be everyone’s source of information and doorway to discovering the quality services they need.
Therefore, digital marketing plays an essential role in surviving, and even thriving, in the evolving economy. No longer are people relying on TV and radio advertisements; these are expensive forms of messaging that will just put businesses at a disadvantage.
With technological advancements like the internet and smartphones, people are now avid participants/consumers, seeking out information on their own. So what businesses like yourselves should focus on is:
- Staying visible and current online. By existing online, this can really help boost your brand and credibility that will prevail against any unexpected circumstances.
- Staying updated on the latest industry/commerce trends. The internet and digital economy are rapidly evolving; it’s important to get the help you need to stay on top of the latest business models and continue to be a driving force in your industry. Stay aligned with the trends/patterns your customers are following.
Let’s Connect You to the Right Customers
Illuminating your roofing business to the right people is exciting, but like we discussed, it takes commitment, patience, and the right people. With over 10 years of experience growing businesses, Big Leap can help you build the credibility and trust you deserve to reel in long-lasting success. We’ll assist you every step of the way and find unique strategies that will help you get to the top. So buck up and contact us today to see what our team of digital marketing experts can do for you.