Sure a great website that’s well optimized alone can attract customers all by itself, but you might be surprised what happens when you create a blog as well.
Blogs increase your rankings in search engines. In other words, it helps move your website closer to the top of the first page of a search engine. This means people are more likely to find your site. This is a good thing!
Blogs not only help attract new customers, they also allow your current and future customers to “follow” you, stay current and updated.
Perhaps as a website owner you have thought of things you want to say or share, but there’s simply no place on your website where it would fit without creating clutter. That’s where blogs come in handy. Blogs allow you to add content and information to your website without cluttering it.
You can get as creative as you want with blogs. You can…
• Share helpful tips, news, opinions, reviews, an experience or success story, etc.
• Announce sales, promotions, discounts, specials, coupons, etc.
• Write posts promoting products and showing how they works.
• Etc., etc., etc.
For those involved with Network Marketing, a blog can serve as a way to train their team, keep them updated or drive new customers to their main website. Often times distributors get a free website. Unfortunately all the websites are the exact same, offering no opportunity to naturally be found amongst all the other distributors sites. In this case a distributor may chose to create a blog that includes links back to their website, thus increasing the websites rankings and being found.
If you’re going to spend time on a blog you’ll want to make sure you focus on the search engine optimization aspect of it. That is after-all the whole point of a blog (in most cases).
There are a lot of tricks to the trade (I’ll have to save those for another day), but the biggest “rules” are:
• Make sure your posts are something people will actually want to read about
• Include links back to your main website
• Use keywords you know people will be searching for (there are many online resources to help you choose the right keywords for your blog posts)
Good luck, have fun and stay tuned for more blogging details to come.