Unless you have been living in a dark closet for the last year, you have heard about Twitter. Twitter is the latest craze in the social media arena and is still finding where it belongs. For those of you less familiar with the service, here is a short breakdown. Twitter is a micro-blogging social platform. Users post a max of 140 characters at a time about just about anything. Unlike Facebook, Twitter is meant for frequent updates, throughout the day. It can be a great way to promote a brand, a person, or just about anything else you can think of. Still not quite sure how it fits into the big picture? Here are a few of the most popular tweeters and examples of what they tweet about.
1. Ashton Kutcher (AplusK) – The most well-known tweeter, Ashton started the celebrity tweeting trend. He talks about just about anything that is on his mind. He had a highly public race with CNN to 1 million followers – and he won.
2. Britney Spears (britneyspears) – Does anyone really know what she does?
3. Ellen Degeneres (TheEllenShow) – posts mostly funny video links from her show and crazy giveaways.
4. Barak Obama (BarakObama) – Talks about things happening in Washington.
5. CNN (CNNbrk) – Promotes breaking news stories from CNN.com
The 5 most popular Tweeters are great examples of what you can use Twitter for – just about anything. The most important thing is gaining followers. Once you have a few people to talk to the sky is the limit.