When it comes to businesses using Facebook, there are often many things that are overlooked and not carefully considered. As Facebook is the number one social media site out there, ensuring that your business page is adequately optimized is a must. Here are five ways in which you can best optimize your account to ensure a better success.
1. Find your audience: Understanding and identifying who your audience is will be the most important step in the process. If you don’t know who your audience is, you will have a very difficult time trying to optimize your page and gearing it to those interested.
2. Build your page: When I say build your page, I don’t just mean make one and let it sit there. I mean get a good, solid profile picture up with an inviting cover photo. Enter in relevant info, such as website, email address, physical address, hours of operation, etc. This will allow your audience to find you more easily and can help to boost the traction to your page. It also gives them the opportunity to like or become a fan of your page, for which they will potentially be much more involved.
3. Set goals: In this day and age, many companies live and die by the goals they set. Setting proper goals in an effort to build your Facebook presence is extremely crucial. Figure out where you want to go and how you are going to get there. Nothing happens when you just sit there. Set goals of what types of posts you want to do, whether that be blog posts, memes, news, information, etc. The goals you can set are endless. But setting these goals will greatly impact the success you have, as well as give you something to which you can relate your success.
4. Promote your page: One of the best ways to get an audience is to promote your page. Let it be seen. Add a link to your Facebook page to your website. Allow your audience an easy way to get from one to the other. Also, use Facebook Ads. Facebook Ads are a great way to get your brand seen by your target market, which can boost traction to your page.
5. Keep track of your success: Facebook has provided an analytics tool that will allow you to see what engagement you are having. This tool is called Facebook Insights. If you want to have success on Facebook, learn to love the insights. At the beginning you will have low numbers. But as you grow and more of your target market sees your brand these numbers are bound to rise. Make sure you keep track of them and set goals accordingly to improve day by day, week by week, month by month, and so on.
Using these steps will help to get your business page up and running, and will give you a basis to get a good Facebook campaign started. Social media can be tricky, but knowing how to use the tools that are provided could offer you amazing benefits. Remember, social media is the face of your brand. Keep it updated, clean and looking good. Users will be searching social media for your brand, so give them a reason to stay and get engaged.